Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kenya! Here's the low down!

43 days from today, I will be boarding a plane and headed off to Kitale, Kenya for 10 days! Not, that I am counting or anything. HA! I cannot begin to tell you about my excitement for this trip. People keep asking me what i'm so excited for, but the truth is, I cannot pin point the answer to this question. There are sooo many things I am excited for that it is beyond words!

The team has had two classroom meeting with the adult medical team that will be there at the same time as us, and they have been very informational meetings. Its awesome also for the team to just be all in the same place at once and getting to know each other before we embark on this awesome adventure! Its awesome to hear the stories from the adults also because some of them have been to Kenya more than five times and they are soo knowledgeable about the culture and just Kitale in general. I am trying to absorb as much of it as I can.

This Saturday we have our packing party which consists of all the students going to a warehouse over by Oakley and we pack 50 pound tubs full with all of the supplies necessary to run a successful summer camp. We will be flying with these supplies so they are our second piece of luggage while checking into the airline! This packing party will be the first time that the student team will be separated from the adult team so we will completely get a glimpse into seeing how the team will work together! Super stoked to see what God has in store for this team!

The next thing on the agenda for the team is the team dinner on the 30th! Super stoked for that! Anyway that we can get the team together is great! Cant wait to see friendships fly while we acquaint ourselves with one another!

Prayer would be appreciated for some of the things below if you feel led:

>> Relationships within the team to stay tension free and totally surrendered to God!
>> The summer camp planning would be super awesome and plan with the kids best interest in mind, not our own.
>> Our hearts to be completely opened to whatever God wants to be done, to be done.

Thank you all so much for following my adventure through life! You all mean so much! Comment back and just say HI! so that I can get an idea of who is following me on this journey! I'm praying for all of you as well, and praying by name would be super sweet, so let me know! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Donna Tomlinson said...

Hi Cor ... it is your Mom writing in to say - yes I am following your journey not just on your blog but everyday! I know your heart can not wait to go on this adventure for which God has called you. I am praying for you constantly. In the midst of all of your excitement, please don't forget to take care of yourself ... you need more sleep and you need to eat better :) Does that sound like a mom or what! Oh, and let us not forget that you have finals next week ... you have worked too hard for your grades to let them slip now. Stay focused! You know I love you more than words can express ... I am here for you if you need anything! xoxo

Anonymous said...

HI! I like when you blog, good sir.

Joe West