Monday, March 1, 2010

2 minute brain matter!

Here I sit, just contemplating what the next few weeks have in store for me. I see so many different opportunities, tasks, friendships, and so much more. I leave for Kenya in 2 days and 10 hours almost exactly, and I am just sooo stoked. I seriously cannot describe my excitement!
Im trying to start gathering all of the things I need to pack before I leave and its just ramping up the excitement more and more every minute I take something out and lay it on the floor! I have decided to only t-shirts that I will be leaving at Oasis of Hope. I will be donating them after we wash them on the last day! I thought it would be just a small thing I could do for the people who are in need of some clothes on their back.
Pastor Steve sent us an email today, because he is already in Kitale, and he was telling us that rainy season has already hit Kenya! He said it has rained every afternoon so far while he has been there and it is pretty chilly at night. It is summer there, so there will still be a lot of sun and hot weather, but he told us to remember our sweatshirts, ponchos and umbrellas when we are packing.
I got to get back to work, but I thought I would stop in and spill some brain matter! So stoked for Kenya on Thursday! Love you all!
K
E
N
Y
A
:)
Photo Caption: This is a picture of the new Oasis of Hope building in Kitale, Kenya that our team will be doing our summer camp at! These are just some of the kids that drop in each day and hang out! I took this photo from a blog site of another woman who has gone to Kitale recently with Saddleback! It makes me excited just to read her stories that she has posted about Oasis!

2 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

Cory....Now that you are back from Oasis (where your team did an AWESOME job, by the way!!!)... I would love to hear how your actual experience there compared to your anticipation of it.

I know how difficult it can be to process the things you see on your first trip to Kenya.

Pastor Steve always talks about the process of moving from Awareness to Advocacy. I would love to see you become an advocate for Oasis of Hope here in the U.S. . You can do that by freely sharing your stories and your love for the kids of Oasis with your friends and family here in America.

Thank you so much for being willing to travel to the other side of the world on behalf of 'the least of these.' I can tell you from personal experience that the time you spent with each child during those 3 days of camp will be remembered for a long, long, long time.

I think you are awesome!

Serving Him by loving them....

Lydia Monroe
Executive Director
Oasis of Hope/ USA

elise! said...

cory, you need to blog about kenya soon! i still haven't seen your pictures!