Wednesday, April 28, 2010

8 more.. just 8

Last weekend, I had another one of those crazy realizations.
I only have 8 more HSM services left in my high school career.
I couldnt even comprehend what that meant at first just because I was just living in the moment, but that means in approximately 56 days I will no longer have the privilege to take advantage of every opportunity HSM (High School Ministry) provides for its students. Such a bummer if you ask me!
In just a few weeks time, I will be a college student at the University of California Los Angeles.


Crazy! From Mustang to Bruin. From vocab quizes to research papers. From 7am class to 2pm lectures! Thinking ahead is bittersweet. There are so many people that I will miss, but I know they will all be available to contact and talk to often even if im up at school next year.

Its going to be such a journey for me also! I have been given the privilage to work alongside the Womens Gymnastics Team at UCLA, while I am there. Could not be more excited for that! I have been able to get on the floor at Pauley Pavillion this year to help assist Miss Val (head coach) and it has been so much fun! Ive been able to get to know a few of the girls as well and its been awesome to get the chance to talk with them about Kenya, and high school life and other sorts of conversations. They are an awesome team and I cannot wait to be a part of it in just 4 quick months.

Today I have been working on scholarships that I still need to apply for. Each time i go onto the UCLA website i get more and more excited each time! Im sure you will all be hearing of my adventures while i am there!

Ps. I tweeted last night that I would post on this daily. This is the first post of the first day. So far.. mission accomplished! Also there will be a Kenya picture of the day, everyday! Here is number 1!

Photo #1 Caption: So an awesome friend Allison Hibbard made 30 "Alice's" for our team to give away to people at the different places we visited while we were there! This picture is of two school teachers at Discover to Recover which is a school for children who are affected or infected with HIV/AIDS. Our team spent about 2 hours there and we just got to hang out with the kids and play football and run around with them. They were all filled with joy and love and it was just a great place to be as one of our last places we went doing Ministry while we were in Kitale.

No comments: