Monday, December 21, 2009

Greatest day in December :)


About a week and a half ago, I was privileged to accompany a part of the Griffin Family at Disneyland! I told Josh(the father and my awesome mentor) that at some point in the near future I would love to sign him and two of his four kids into the park! So we went! It was so awesome! It was a gloomy Friday, which is perfect Disneyland weather! There was some rain off and on, but for the most part it was very nice weather! Josh met me at Starbucks promptly at 12:32, the time I told him to meet me at because that's how long it would take me to get to my car from school and drive to the meeting spot. We dropped off my car at home and then we were off! I looked into the back seat and I saw two elated children who were staring at my front lawn and were in awe of Mickey and Friends who were caroling! Princess Alexis was wearing her Snow White Dress and my little buddy Jadin was wearing his new Transformers rain boots. From the minute I stepped in the car they were very excited! According to Josh, Alexis ran and jumped into his bed that morning with her Snow White Dress already on and ready to go! We stopped for some warm drinks and then we were off to the happiest place on Earth! When we got there, Josh gave Lexy a little present for the day; a Snow White crown! Jadin got some donuts! haha. We then hopped on the tram for our first ride of the day. Upon arrival, we met up with my Auntie Robyn and my dad who got us all into the park and we chit-chatted with them for a bit. Auntie Robyn talked with Princess Alexis for a while about just princess stuff and Lexy was just so excited! We then got onto the Disneyland Railroad and took it all the way to the Princess Fantasy Faire! We only had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to have our personal meet and greet with five princesses! Lexy was soo excited and ready to go every minute we were waiting in line and Jadin was getting antsy so he and I were coloring with Lexy's new princess pen on the showtime schedule for the park! It was the best past time activity to try and guess was he was drawing. I think i may have only got one right. :) While standing in line I got a bit worried because I overheard a woman say that only a few of the princesses were out at any given time, so we were hoping Snow White would be there for little snow white! Sure enough, when we got to the front of the line and they sent us in, as we turned the corner, there she was! Lexy was elated! She couldn't believe that she was talking to Snow White! They got to talk for a little while and then I was able to take a picture with Snow White for my mom! The other princesses we saw were Cinderella, Bell, Jasmine, and Mulan. After we left the meet and greet area Lexy was overjoyed that she got to see all the princesses and get their autographs and take pictures with them. That was what made the day for Josh, Lexy and I. To see her face just light up before, during and after just brought joy to all of us! The rest of the day was pretty great also! We went on Its a Small World, the Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours, Monsters Inc., we saw the Aladdin show, but the story of the day with my little buddy Jayjay goes with Buzz Blasters. We had all just finished with dinner at the Pizza Port, Jadin hopped in his stroller and Lexy was holding Haley's hand, who joined us about half way through the day, and we were headed towards Buzz when all the sudden right after we passed the churro stand, Jadin hops right out of the moving stroller and Josh asks him where he was going and he pointed to me! He was signaling that he wanted to ride Buzz with me! It was the greatest thing for me with Jadin that day!
The bottom line over all about this day was that it was magical. The family I got to share it with was amazing, the happiness and joy on their faces brought joy to my heart and the interaction between them and I was amazing. Lexy and Jadin are truly the little brother and sister that I never had. I love them very much. There is so many more awesome things that I could say about this day but i'll leave it at that. :):)

No comments: