Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Update: Kenya!


Well Hello there followers! Here is just a quick update on where the team is at with raising funds and support for Kenya 2010! As a team we must come up with about $111,000 which may seem like a large number, but with incessant prayer financially, the team has faith that God will surely provide! I have about $1000 more to raise personally, but the good news is that over $1500 has been provided by all my awesome supporters. I thank you all so very much!

We also had our first team meeting this past Sunday that was combined with the adult team that will be in Kitale at the same time as the High School Ministry team. They are all very nice people! They taught us some cool things about their past experiences in Kenya. The adults all come from a medical background of some sort and are focusing mainly on the hospitals and streets of Kitale in hopes of providing assistance to those in need of medical attention. The meeting overall was great! It was great to meet some of the people on our own team also that I had never met before. I can really already sense that God will do something great with our team.

Some things you can pray for:

-Pray for the members of the team who are struggling financially to raise support to get them to Kenya. Pray God will open their hearts and give them hope that God will provide if it is meant for them to go on this trip.
-Pray I will raise enough money by the deadline to get me to Kitale.
-Pray for the students that are not going on this trip, that really wanted to go with our team. Pray that they will continue to be on fire to serve globally and pray for their understanding that this may just not be the time for them.

As a team we have already been thrown some curve balls but we have been turning them into base hits. No home-runs yet, but we are satisfied with the simplest of success. We are all pumped to get out and go! Just as we learned in October, we are on fire with loving God AND loving others. Pray, that this flame will burn constantly and that we will remember why we are participating in such a experience.

Caption to picture: This is a picture my dear friend Nicole Leever took while she was in Rwanda a year and a half ago. I was privileged enough to receive a large copy from her and it is hanging in my bed room always reminding me of this trip. Always making me think about the fact that this trip isn't to better myself, but to brighten the lives of others and love on children like this little boy.

No comments: