Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Commit this to memory.



Some know "commit this to memory" as a popular Motion City Soundtrack album, but it has multiple other meanings. The picture at the right, I am sure many things come to mind. This is a picture that i took while meandering upon Notre Dame in Paris, France. While I stood there and took this picture for my brother(honestly), the phrase "commit this to memory" came to mind. It was at a point on our wonderful tour that i began to journal about the many situations i was put into and the amazing culture i was being surrounded by. Journaling was my way of committing our wonderful voyage to my memory.
Upon the return to the states, although it was one of the toughest transitions to face due to the differences in the standard of living and such, i knew that through my gift of photography and journaling, i would have the memories of this trip for a lifetime.
Today i was gathering photos for a French Christmas project I have to do, I continued my streak of everlasting nostalgia! It seriously hasn't stopped since I have returned. Everything basically reminds me of Italy and France and the happenings on our trip, and it makes me want to open up my journal again. I actually opened it tonight and began to read. I remember every conversation that was made on all the bus rides, every french person i encountered and especially every gypsy that approached me asking if i spoke english (remembering this is amazing because i was approached by at least 100 of them). I am not sure how i would of remembered all these things without "committing them to memory". Definitely a lesson i have learned real quickly!

No comments: